in·de·pen·dent (ĭn’dĭ-pěn’dənt) adj.
- Not governed by a foreign power; self-governing.
- Free from the influence, guidance, or control of another or others; self-reliant: an independent mind.
- Not determined or influenced by someone or something else; not contingent: a decision independent of the outcome of the study.
- often Independent Affiliated with or loyal to no one political party or organization.
- Not dependent on or affiliated with a larger or controlling entity: an independent food store; an independent film.
- often Independent One that is independent, especially a voter, officeholder, or political candidate who is not committed to a political party.
Do any of these describe you? Then follow this blog for future thoughts and opportunities for action.